Skip to main content

Consumer Information

Financial Aid

 Information about Missouri Southern

Information about Financial Assistance

Financial Aid for Study Abroad

Federal funds may be available to students that study abroad in exchange programs such as ISEP (International Student Exchange Program). Students who attend a certified foreign school may also be eligible for funding. In order to use financial aid, the courses that you take abroad must advance your degree (show up on your degree works audit), and you must be enrolled as a full-time degree-seeking student (12 undergraduate hours or 9 graduate hours for a semester.) Please note that if you do not pass all of your credits abroad, you may be placed on financial aid warning status. It is important to note that financial aid will disburse the third week of fall/spring classes at MSSU, which could be different than your enrollment in classes abroad.  Additional information regarding Missouri Southern's Study Abroad program may be acquired from the Director of the Institute of International Studies.

MSSU will provide a paper copy of the information upon request.  This webpage is maintained by the Financial Aid Office. If you have any questions concerning our webpage, please contact us at 417-625-9325.