Dual Credit and Dual Enrollment
Pre-Enrollment • Post-Enrollment • End of Course
Please use the following checklists as a guide to guarantee all appropriate actions have been taken in order to register for and receive University credit.
taken in order to register for and receive University credit. High School Students: All items should be sent to the person at your high school who is responsible for coordinating dual credit courses (dual credit coordinator or counselor). Items will be collected by the dual credit coordinator and sent to the MSSU Office of Academic Outreach. Home School Students: All items should be sent directly to the Office of Academic Outreach by the proctor.
Student Checklist: PRE-ENROLLMENT
- Tell the instructor and/or the dual credit coordinator you are interested in taking courses for dual credit.
- Check the transferability of the course(s) you are interested in to make sure it will transfer to the University you plan to attend after high school.
- Go to mssu.dualenroll.com/login
- Follow the prompts to create a personalized login. Be sure to provide an email address and phone number so that we can confirm your account.
- Complete the online application (new students only). Double check the application form to ensure the accuracy of all of the information you have provided.
- Choose your courses. On the course selection screen, use the navigation tools to see the course options that are available through your high school or through dual enrollment options.
- Confirm your registration. Steps you need to complete and the status of your application will be highlighted. Payment information will also be provided. You will be notified by email or text message throughout the process and again when your registration has been confirmed.
- Requires parent/legal guardian signature - this can be completed through the DualEnroll.com system, and you can send an email directly to your parent/legal guardian at the time of registration.
- When you confirm your registration, your high school counselor will automatically be notified to review your application materials.
- For a list of course offerings and course registration numbers (CRN’s) for your high school go to: www.mssu.edu/dualcredit/courseofferings or ask your dual credit counselor/coordinator.
- The high school counselor/coordinator will complete the following items through the DualEnroll.com system:
- Upload a copy of the MOST RECENT high school transcript* (for GPA verification)
- Upload a copy of test scores (if a test score is required for desired coursework)
- This is only required if the course you wish to take has a pre-requisite – for a list of these requirements go to: www.mssu.edu/dualcredit/prerequisite
- Approve or deny student registrations.
- After the high school counselor/coordinator completes and approves you for courses through DualEnroll.com, MSSU will automatically be notified of your request for enrollment. If eligibility requirements are met, MSSU will enroll you in your course(s), and you will receive a confirmation email of your course registration. In a mailing from the University, you will receive your Student Identification Number (SID). Students must call the MSSU Help Desk for the PIN (password). 417-659-4444.
- Consider completion of the FERPA waiver form. Once you enroll in a course at MSSU, we do not have an automatic right to disclose any information related to your educational records to your parents. We also do not have a right to disclose information about tuition payments to officials/teachers at your school. The completion of the FERPA waiver form will enable you, MSSU, your high school, and your parents an opportunity to cooperate in a more seamless manner.
- Authorization to Release Form (Educational Records)
*Home school students must provide a notarized copy of the high school transcript.
Student Checklist: POST-ENROLLMENT
- Once you receive your SID and PIN, you may log in to LioNet to access all MSSU related information. Please refer to the Access to Information handout and the LioNet User’s Guide for more information about what you can do with LioNet. MSSU recommends checking to make sure your schedule in LioNet shows you are enrolled in the dual credit course(s) for which you signed up. The timing of when a course and its fees will show up in LioNet will vary from student to student because of the variation in high school enrollment dates and because of the large amount of students being processed during the same few weeks.
- T-shirts and Lion Cards will be delivered to your school as promptly as possible. Refer to the student benefits/resources page on the dual credit website for more information about your other student benefits.
- Use the MSSU Dual Credit website for access to all forms and information related to your experience as a dual credit student. Familiarize yourself with the policies and procedures that affect you as a dual credit student.
- Pay for your course by the appropriate deadline. You can pay your tuition through DualEnroll.com at anytime. Textbooks can be paid for at anytime through LioNet or by contacting the Bursar's Office. For more detailed information about due dates and payments, refer to the Dual Credit Calendars and Payment Information documents.
- Check your student email account and LioNet frequently to remain up to date on things related to MSSU. These are the main modes of communication through which MSSU will send you important information. Check out the technical guides for instructions on how to have your MSSU email re-routed to the email of your choice.
- If and when you are on-campus, identify yourself as an MSSU Dual Credit Student and bring your Lion Card.
- Take advantage of your student benefits!!!
Student Checklist: END OF COURSE
- Grades will be posted at the end of the course on LioNet. You will want to ensure your grades have been posted prior to making any transcript requests.
- Work with your instructor and/or the dual credit coordinator to coordinate the return of your textbooks.
- Complete any required surveys and/or evaluations related to your experience.