Pre-Enrollment * Post-Enrollment * End of Course
Dual Credit and Dual Enrollment
Please use the following checklists as a guide to guarantee all appropriate actions have been taken in order for your student to register for and receive University credit. High School Parents: All items should be sent to the person at your high school who is responsible for coordinating dual credit courses (dual credit coordinator or counselor). Items will be collected by the dual credit coordinator and sent to the MSSU Office of Academic Outreach. Home School Parents: All items should be sent directly to the Office of Academic Outreach by the proctor.
- Talk to MSSU, your high school, and your student about the advantages of completing dual credit during high school. Encourage your student to inform the high school dual credit coordinator of any interest in the program.
- Help your student check with the Registrar’s Office of the University they plan to attend after high school to check the transferability of the course(s) they are interested in taking.
- Help your student complete the Student Checklist.
- Sign all applicable documents necessary for the application and registration process.
- Discuss the advantages of signing any FERPA waiver documents with your student and complete the forms if applicable. (Upon enrollment MSSU will only communicate with the student regarding their educational records and billing information unless these waivers are signed by the student
Authorization to Release Form (Educational Records)
- Encourage student responsibility whenever possible. This endeavor is intended to prepare your student for the academic rigor required at the University level.
- Use the MSSU Dual Credit website for access to all forms and information related to your experience as a dual credit parent. Familiarize yourself with the policies and procedures that affect you as a dual credit parent.
- If you are providing payment for the course, please provide payment by the appropriate deadline. You can pay your student's tuition through DualEnroll.com at any time. Textbooks can be paid for at any time through your student's LioNet account, or by contacting the Bursar's Office. For more detailed information about due dates and payments, refer to the Dual Credit Calendars.
- Grades will be posted at the end of the course on LioNet. You will want to ensure grades have been posted to LioNet prior to making any transcript requests.
- Remind your student to work with the instructor and/or the dual credit coordinator to coordinate the return of the textbooks.
- Complete any required surveys and/or evaluations related to your experience.