Skip To Top Navigation Skip To Content Skip To Footer

Missouri Reverse Transfer



Missouri has moved forward with a statewide policy to help more Missourians earn associate degrees.

Students who have begun working toward an associate degree at one of Missouri's two-year institutions and have earned a minimum of 15 hours from that institution now have options for completing their associate degree while simultaneously completing their bachelor's degree. Read on for more information!

  • Earn your associate degree while pursuing your bachelor’s degree
  • Possible Career Advancement with earned associate degrees
  • Meet general education requirements at Missouri Southern State University with the completion of an Associate of Arts degree


Am I ELIGIBLE to participate?


You must have earned a minimum of 15 credit hours at a single Missouri two-year institution to be eligible. Students are not eligible for the program if they currently possess an associate degree or higher.


How does Reverse Transfer Work?


We want this to be seamless and easy for you. To facilitate the process, Missouri Southern State University will forward your transcripts free-of-charge and communicate about your academic record with the two-year college you attended. To do this, we will need your permission to share your transcripts with your two-year college. You can grant us this permission via this online form .


Two-Year Colleges Contacts


Crowder College
East Central College
Metropolitan Community College
Mineral Area College
Moberly Area Community College
Ozarks Technical Community College
St. Charles Community College
St. Louis Community College
State Fair Community College
State Technical College of Missouri
Three Rivers Community College


Do you have questions?  

More detailed information is also available at the Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development website or see answers to Frequently Asked Questions.

Still have questions? Contact our department. 

Registrar Department
Phone: 417-625-9389