About the Degree
Did you know that accounting is one of the best jobs in North America when it comes to salaries and quick career placement after graduation? If you're excited by the process of taking data, breaking it down, summarizing it easily for others to understand, and verbally communicate the data to others, you will make a great accountant.
What You'll Learn
- The knowledge and skills necessary to make you a professional accountant, from financial accounting principles to analyzing accounting financial statements to evaluating accounting activities.
- Critical areas of study include auditing and taxation.
- Ethics and international issues, along with core classes in technology and communication.
- How to successfully complete the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or other professional certification examinations.
This Degree is Great for You if:
- You have an aptitude for mathematics and love to collect and analyze facts and figures.
- You can clearly communicate with other people.
- You want to start your own accounting practice or work as an accountant for a company.