About the Degree
Did you know that accounting is one of the best jobs in North America when it comes to salaries and quick career placement after graduation? If you're excited by the process of taking data, breaking it down, summarizing it easily for others to understand, and verbally communicate the data to others, you will make a great accountant.
What You Will Learn
- To demonstrate competence and skills in financial accounting, accounting information systems, federal income taxes, managerial and cost accounting, auditing and related business areas for entry level accountancy positions, graduate school and/or professional certification.
- To be familiar with the role of information technology in addressing business and accounting problems, and to be able to apply fundamental technical skills in business settings.
- To effectively communicate technical and qualitative information verbally and in written form, and to be able to process and evaluate information prepared by others.
This Degree is Great for You if:
- You have an aptitude for mathematics and love to collect and analyze facts and figures.
- You can clearly communicate with other people.
- You want to start your own accounting practice or work as an accountant for a company.