How to use Optimal Resume
Optimal Resume Log In *For best results use Google Chrome
Creating a new account?
Register for a new account. Students enter your SID; alumni enter 9343.
- Fill in personal information (this will go in the header of your resume), accept terms and create profile.
- Select create new resume and watch the video on the right side of the screen.
- Name the resume what you would like and press Start Resume. Only click the link once and wait for it to load.
- Scroll down to view resume samples and select the sample you want to use.
- Select Resume Video Tutorials under "Tools" on the bottom right side of the screen.
- Select the Edit Sample Resume tab and press play.
- Follow the instructions from the video to edit the sample resume.
- After entering all of your information, select Style Resume. Click on the style names to preview changes.
- Choose a new style, check box, and apply. Further customize your resume using the tabs and drop-down menus.
- When finished, select Download tab at the top of the screen and choose Microsoft Word to open, print, and/or save.
- Call Career Services at 417-625-9343 for resume critique and further help.
Action Verbs for Your Resume
Review these action verbs to help create your resume
Step-by-step instructions on writing a chronological resume
Chronological Resume Sample
View a sample chronological resume
- Cover Letter Step-by-step instructions on how to create a cover letter
Cover Letter Example View a sample cover letter
- References Step-by-step instructions on how to create a reference page
- References ExampleView a sample reference list
- Functional Resume Step-by-step instructions on writing a functional resume
- Functional Resume Sample View a sample functional resume
- Instructions for using Optimal ResumeStep-by-step instructions for using Optimal Resume
- Why Should I Use Optimal to Prepare for Interviews? Take notes from Dr. Smith on what not to do during a Skype interview.