Joplin Independence Day Celebration
Wednesday, July 4, 2018
• Activities begin and stadium opens at 6:00 pm
• Fireworks begin at 9:45 pm
What's Going On And When?
This event is held at the Fred G. Hughes Stadium on campus. This spectacular event includes family activities, live music by The Mixtapes, inflatables, food trucks, vendors, and so more!
This celebration is wrapped up with a spectacular fireworks show beginning at 9:45pm.
The stadium is a NCAA regulation field and no one will be allowed on the football turf. Seating is available in the stadium and along the grass around the field.
Items that ARE allowed inside the stadium:
• Small Coolers
• Seat Cushions
• Folding Chairs
What NOT to bring:
• Personal Fireworks - This could cause injury and burns and we want everyone going home safe.
• Alcohol - We have a strict no alcohol policy on campus.
• Grills - While tailgating is encouraged, grills are not allowed inside the stadium. Multiple food options are available through food truck vendors located in the main athletics parking lot.
• Pets - The day could get very hot and with all the people walking around they could get stepped on or injured. Unless they are Service Animals, there is no need for animals to be on campus the day of the event.
• Tobacco - Please be respectful of those around you. We have a tobacco free campus. We ask that you do not smoke while you are on campus.
• Weapons of any kind
Keep a close eye on your children. In case you do become separated, all children will be taken to the concession stand where their parents can come to pick them up.
Be safe and responsible while enjoying the festivities. For minor injuries, first-aid will be located in the medical tent at the south end of the stadium.
Most important, PLEASE bring your FUN factor! It is most important that everyone come and enjoy themselves.
Jack's Ice Cream
Kings Kettle Corn
Maggie's Curbside Café