What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a proprietary online citation management tool, free to all current MSSU students, faculty, and staff.
With RefWorks, you can:
- Collect, manage, and organize research papers and documents
- Read annotate, organize, and cite your research
- Collaborate with friends and colleagues by sharing collections
MSSU has "soft" migrated to the new RefWorks . This means users are able to maintain both legacy & new RefWorks accounts in parallel. We may "hard" migrated to the new RefWorks at some point, which will require you to migrate to the new RefWorks. We recommend you migrating to the new RefWorks and exploring the new features of the new RefWorks.
Legacy (Old) Refworks
If you are wanting the older version of RefWorks, go to https://www.refworks.com/refworks .
Creating an account
- Go to https://refworks.proquest.com and click the “Create account” link. If you are an old RefWorks user, you still need to create a new RefWorks account.
- Fill in your information making sure to use your MSSU email address.
- Once you activate your account (you'll receive an email with a link to complete the registration process), you’ll get access immediately and can get started managing your documents.
Please read the New-RefWorks-LibGuide to learn how to effectively use this tool.
Citation Style Guides
OWL Purdue's Online Writing Lab for MLA
OWL Purdue's Online Writing Lab for APA
Chicago style: OWL Purdue's Online Writing Lab for Chicago Style
Other Free Citation Tools
BibMe -Free Citation Generator
Citation Machine -Free Citation Generator
Zotero Citation Manager -Free Download Citation Generator
Mendeley -Free Reference Manager
EasyBib -Generating Citations
WorksCited4U -Free bibliography Generator