Skip to main content

Graduate Students

Financial Aid

Applying for Aid | Aid Eligibility | Consortium Agreement | Cost of Attendance | Financial Aid How To

Applying for Aid     

In order for a graduate student to receive federal aid they must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  Please visit our site on how to apply for financial aid to receive step-by-step instructions.


Aid Eligibility

Graduate students are eligible for the following aid:

Direct Stafford Unsubsidized Loans

Direct Stafford Unsubsidized loans are awarded to graduate students regardless of need. Interest comes due within 60 days after receiving the loan, however, interest may be deferred until the student leaves school. These loan amounts will vary depending upon how much aid the student is already receiving .  See the table below for more information:

Graduate/Professional Student

Loan Range (per academic year)
up to $20,500

     *aggregate total of $138,500 (includes undergraduate loans)

Graduate PLUS Loan Program

Federal Direct PLUS Loan Program offers loans to graduate students directly from the Federal Government. These variable-rate, low-interest, long-term loans are unsubsidized. Interest becomes due 60 days after the graduate student receives the loans. The interest can be deferred until the student leaves school. Applicants must complete the electronic Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Loan amounts may vary depending on the cost of education and other financial aid the student receives. For more information consult the "Student Guide" on the Department of Education Web Site or contact the Financial Aid Office at Missouri Southern.


Consortium Agreement

A graduate student can only receive aid at their "home" institution (and at only one institution at a time).  The school in which a student is receiving aid  is known as the "home" school.  The other institution in which a student requests credit hours to be considered towards their financial aid is known as the "host" school.  If MSSU is the student's home school they must fill out the Graduate Consortium Agreement.  If a student has any questions about this process they can contact the Financial Aid Office.


Cost of Attendance 2015-2016

Graduate Student School of Business 

Graduate Student School of Education

Other Graduate Programs