Skip to main content

Entrance and Exit Counseling

Financial Aid

In order for aid to disburse you must fulfill the requirements for each type of aid that you have received. Each grant and loan program has it's own form of entrance counseling. All  TEACH Grant awarded students must also complete an"Agreement to Serve"(ATS).

When you graduate, drop below half time status or fail to enroll, you must complete exit counseling.  You may complete exit counseling online, or make an appointment with the Default Prevention Counselor and complete a face-to-face counseling.  Exit counseling informs borrowers of their rights and responsibilities of being a borrower.  It is important for borrowers to know how to manage their student loans, to avoid default which has severe consequences.

See below for the type of loan or grant you have and complete their appropriate requirements:

*After completing entrance counseling for your Stafford Loan, you must sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) online. If you do not complete the MPN on the web, you will not receive a Stafford Loan.   

You will need an FSA ID in order to complete the entrance counseling, MPN, ATS, or exit counseling.  If you do not have one you can create one online.