With the Aug. 15, 2013 transition to new student Microsoft Office365 email service, as required by Microsoft, students must now visit https://www.outlook.com/mymail.mssu.edu to access their upgraded email service.
Previous Live@edu (Outlook) service is no longer available for students.
MSSU is offering an updated email and productivity suite that can help you work faster and gain skills for the workplace. Microsoft Office 365 includes your favorite Office features online and allows you to create sophisticated reports and presentations, collaborate in real time with classmates, and share and edit documents from your phone, PC or Mac.
Another advantage of this upgrade is that Outlook email storage space will increase from 10 GB to 25 GB.
You now have two separate accounts with the same user name and password that you use to access Live@edu (Outlook).
1. Office 365 account. This account gives you access to your school email. Missouri Southern State University administers this account.
2. Personal Microsoft account. This personal account will give you access to all your existing SkyDrive content, Messenger, and other Microsoft services. Note that Missouri Southern State University no longer administers this account. As a result, we cannot reset the password for you.
We will continue to use Microsoft Outlook Web App or Microsoft Outlook to view and send email, but you will sign in at https://www.outlook.com/mymail.mssu.edu.
Complete the following steps:
1. If you are using Internet Explorer 6 or 7, upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer.
2. If you use Outlook to read your email and you are using Microsoft Office 2003, upgrade to Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 to continue using Outlook.
3. Access your email and calendar at https://www.outlook.com/mymail.mssu.edu.
4. Sign into SkyDrive at https://skydrive.live.com.
There may be applications that do not support Exchange mode for your Office 365 email and want to know the POP, IMAP or SMTP settings. Following are the instructions for determining what those settings are for your account.
1. Log in to your account via web mail at https://www.outlook.com/mymail.mssu.edu.
2. Once logged in, click the gear menu in the upper right hand corner and choose "Options".
3. In the Options / My Account window, click "Settings for POP or IMAP access...” and a window will pop up with all the server, port, and security settings you need. If the window does not pop up, make sure you do not have any popup blockers preventing it.
If you have questions regarding these settings, contact the IT Help Desk at 417.659.4444.
For more information about the upgrade, see the Checklist for users.
If you have questions or need help, contact HelpDesk at 417.659.4444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.