Dental Hygiene Program
Outstanding Reputation, Excellence in Education
Missouri Southern State University provides an outstanding dental hygiene program with EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION and public service.
- OUTSTANDING REPUTATION - serving students and dental field for more than 30 years.
- Enrollment is limited by selectiom - applicants admitted contingent upon criminal record check, random drug testing, completion of physical and dental examinations, and rendering of acceptable health status.
- Students admitted to program only in the fall of each year.
- Care about helping others and enjoy science? A career in dental hygiene may be for you. Check out information on our website to explore the MSSU dental hygiene program. We believe you will get a big smile!
Our Goals for You
- Provide QUALITY EDUCATION that reflects best practices in dental hygiene in order to become an ethical licensed, oral healthcare professional.
- Provide COMPREHENSIVE dental hygiene services to the communities served by Missouri Southern State University.
- Promote the significance of dental hygiene professional development and COMMITMENT to distance learning.
Our Mission to Support You
- Empower students to become LIFELONG LEARNERS;
- Facilitate the development of ETHICAL and COMPETENT oral healthcare professionals, who provide patient care to a diverse population utilizing innovative technologies.
As students in a health care profession, Dental hygiene students may be exposed to Bloodborne pathogens and infectious diseases.
Our History that Means Success for You
- The MSSU Dental Hygiene program opened in 1975.
- In 2000 the program expanded to meet growing demands of the dental community.
- In 2007, the program expanded again, adding sites at Rolla and Sikeston, MO. This expansion was to meet the growing needs for preventive oral healthcare of Missourians. In Rolla the dental hygiene program is housed at Rolla Technical Center, 500 Forum. In Southeast Missouri the program is housed on the Southeast Missouri State University - Sikeston at 2401 N. Main. Interactive live television is utilized for the delivery of lecture courses to the distance sites. Each site is equipped with a clinic for pre-clinic and clinical experiences.
- The Missouri Southern State University Dental Hygiene Program has been continually accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation since its inception in 1975. The most recent CODA site visit occurred in December 2009. The program's reputation and examination results attest to the outstanding accomplishment of the MSSU Dental Hygiene program.