Studio Art Degrees
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Studio Art
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Art, Studio Art emphasis
- Minor in Studio Art
Missouri Southern State University's studio art program is a great place to explore and develop your artistic abilities. Our Studio Art program prepares you to pursue an advanced art degree or for a career as a fine artist. As a studio art major, you may choose to concentrate in an area such as:
Our flexible studio art program offers:
- small classes
- individual attention to help you express ideas and establish professional standards
- rigorous training to develop your skills, technique and creativity
- instruction from faculty members who are professional, working artists
- fundamentals needed to explore your creative vision
- opportunities for portfolio development and public exhibition of your work
We offer three studio art options:
- B.F.A. in Studio Art: a professional course of study that prepares you to pursue a career as a fine artist in areas such as ceramics, drawing, painting, printmaking or sculpture.
- B.A. in Studio Art: combines a liberal arts background with a strong foundation in studio arts and art history to prepare graduates for a wide range of creative careers.
- Minor in Studio Art: art enthusiasts majoring in another area may complement their field of study with a minor in Studio Art.
Our art facilities:
The Fine Arts Building provides special facilities for painting and drawing, printmaking, a foundry and fabrication shop for bronze casting and welding, ceramics, woodworking, jewelry/metalsmithing, photography and lectures.
Additionally, the Spiva Art Gallery at Missouri Southern State University boasts approximately 325 running feet of exhibition wall space. The Gallery houses a large study collection of African art and artifacts and hosts an active program of international, regional and student exhibitions of visual art.
»You may also be interested in: Art, Art Education, Graphic Design, Philosophy