The Friends group serves as a volunteer support organization for the University’s George A. Spiva Library, encouraging community interest in the library and promoting a fuller understanding of its purpose, programs, and potential.
Through its generosity, the organization fosters gifts, donations, endowments, and memorials to the library, enabling the George A. Spiva Library to acquire distinctive and valuable materials for faculty, staff, students, scholars and community members.
Activities of the group include but are not limited to:
- Readings and Lecture Series by notable authors
- Annual Friends Reception
- Faculty Seminars
- Book Sales and other Fund-Raising Events
- Specialized Library Tours
As a FRIENDS member, you will receive:
- Access to the resources of a major university library
- Invitations to special programs focusing on books, authors, and related topics
- A subscription to Southern Bookends, which chronicles the library's participation in the life of the university through articles highlighting collections, services, materials and special events
- Recognition in the annual published list of donors (optional)
- 10% discount on beverages at University Java
- Discounts on select fee-based library events/programs
- Opportunities for community and volunteer involvement
- Chance for a tax deductible donation
- Fostering of new friendships
To find other community services offered by Spiva Library click here.