About the Degree
Want an adventure? Study Chinese!
Nearly one billion people in the world speak the Mandarin dialect. A minor in Chinese offers a student an important window into one of the language. As a student of Chinese, you'll develop language proficiency and cultural competency through quality teaching and learning. At the same time, you'll gain an insight into their own culture and language and to enhance their vision of the world. The immersion program in Chinese is open to all students, regardless of major.
What You'll Learn
- You'll begin work on the minor with Beginning and Intermediate courses in Chinese (Mandarin).
- Readings and Conversations courses will focus on continued development of language skills in the language . The study of more complex patterns in communicative skills is emphasized.
- As a Chinese minor, you'll be required to complete a total of 18 hours in the language, six of which must be upper division.
This Minor Might Be Good for You if:
- You plan on living, working or traveling in China.
- Want to add depth to your educational experience, especially if you are majoring in another language.
- You want to develop an understanding of and appreciation for Chinese culture.