Am I a transfer student?
A transfer student is a student that earned college credit after high school from any college, university, trade, technical, cosmetology and/or online schools and wants to continue earning a bachelor's degree at Missouri Southern.
Transfer Student Application Checklist:
- Transfer GPA of 2.0 and leave your last institution in good standing. Transcripts must be submitted and reviewed prior to admission.
- Complete an application for admission.
- Pay the one-time $25 application processing cost.
- Complete the FAFSA and investigate other financial aid opportunities.
- Mail or fax (417.659.4429) final, official transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions to: MSSU-Admissions Office 3950 E Newman Rd. Joplin MO 64801 Failure to provide transcripts may delay processing of your application and/or financial aid.
- Upon receipt of an official letter of acceptance from the Admissions Office, please follow the instructions for admitted students.
Why Join the Pride?
- Over 100 degree options available.
- Receive college credit for approved college course work already completed.
- Transfer articulation agreements with many area community colleges and universities.
- Credit available for military experience.
- Campus support for non-traditional students.
- One of the most affordable four-year universities in the state of Missouri.
- Scholarship opportunities available exclusively for transfer students.