Use these four simple steps to become an MSSU International Student!
Please note: this page is not for use by American citizens.
Use this link if you are an American citizen.
Fill out the application, pay the cost, and send us the following materials.
- Fill out the Online International Student Application
The application will ask you for your field of study. To help you make your selection, go to our list of degree programs.
- Pay the application cost of $50 USD
- Send us your TOEFL scores or other proof of English language proficiency.
- Send us a copy of the photo page in your passport.
- Send us your proof of finances, showing your ability to pay for one year at MSSU.
Have your transcripts, or transcript evaluations, sent to us.
- If you are a first-time freshmen whose high school is outside the US, or if you are a transfer student who has taken university classes outside the US, you will need to have your transcripts evaluated by World Education Services (WES).
- WES will evaluate your documents and convert your grades to an American grading-scale.
- Have WES send your evaluation to
3950 East Newman Rd.
Joplin, MO 64801
- The process can take as long as six weeks, so start now to guarantee your transcripts arrive to MSSU on-time.
*This is not required of Exchange Students.
Determine how to pay for your time abroad.
- Determine the cost of tuition that will be required by your I-20.
- Apply for scholarships. Please note that academic scholarships require that you take the SAT or ACT and have your scores sent to MSSU.
- Review the steps for setting up a payment plan. You will be able to set up a plan after you enroll during International Student Orientation.
Fill out a housing contract.
- If you plan to live on campus, you will need to log in to your LioNet account to complete a housing contract. Instructions are online at Residence Life.
- There is a flat cost of $150 USD for a deposit.
Questions? Contact Julia Baer, International Student Recruitment Coordinator.