Where are the computers in the library?
- There are computer workstations on all four floors of the library totaling over 100.
- All students workstations are networked to a single printer on each floor that prints both color and B&W.
- All student workstations has the Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Professional Plus.
- Only the 10 workstations located on the 3rd floor alcove, by the lion, have special software such as ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Autodesk, Minitab, PASW statistics, and Visual Studio.
- There is one workstation on the 1st, 3rd, and 4th floors connected to a scanner.
- There are a limited number of computer workstations for public use on the 1st and 3rd floors only.
How do I log on to computers in the library?
- Students who want to use a computer located in the library or in another computer lab on campus need to enter the first half of their University email (everything before @ symbol) as their Username and their assigned 6 character PIN as their password.
- You need to contact Information Technology Services if you have forgotten or never received your PIN.
- Students must activate their University email via LioNet.
- In order to connect to Wi-Fi follow this link to find out how.
- To read the Spiva Library Computer Policies click here.
Before Printing you will have to have money on your lion card. Your account is opened automatically with a balance of $0.00.
Deposits can be made in a number of ways:
- In Person at the Campus Card Service Center, during office hours, located in room 109 (lower level) of Billingsly Student Center.
- Online deposits (First login to LioNet then select the link to "Manage My Lion Card"). Minimmum amount is $5.00 and there will be a service fee of $0.25 for each deposit.
- By kiosk machine located in the Library with cash only in denominations of $1, $5, $10, and $20 dollar bills. No change will be given at this machine. Minimmum amount is $1.00.
- Charge your student account in the Bursar's office during the first week of the semester. Each account is reviewed for avaliable financial aid prior to the charge being allowed.
Black & White Printing (default) - 10 cents per page
Color Printing - 50 cents per page
- Select Print Preview & make any necessary changes
- Select the Print Button to open the print dialog box
- Choose Color, IF desired
- Click "OK". Log into your account in the GOPRINT popup using your University email(ex. SMITH-J001 or SMITHJ001) & your LioNet PIN.
- Click "Sign In" button
- Select job(s) you wish to print.
- Check Transaction Summary for the amount the will be debited from your Lion Bucks account.
- Select "Click to Print" (your selection will print & money automatically debited).
Printers are located on each floor of the Library.
1st floor: Circulation Desk
2nd floor: Computer Area
3rd floor: Reference Desk
4th floor: Government Documents Desk
There are 3 scanners in the building for student use:
- One flatbed (8 1/2 x 11) scanner located at a specified workstation on the 1st floor
- One scanner located on the 3rd floor
- One scanner located on the fourth floor
These workstations are accessed the same way as all computer work stations.
Scanning is free. Printing the scans are not free. The scanning station is not connected to a printer. You must save your scanned documents to a flash drive or e-mail them to yourself in order to print them at another station.
Instruction on how to use the scanning device is located beside the machine in a white binder labeled Scanner Instructions.
The library has four photocopiers:
- Three are located on the third floor (which is the main library floor)
- Two B&W photocopies near the Main Circulation desk
- One color photocopier in front of the Reference desk
- One B&W photocopier on the first floor, near the Secondary Circulation desk
Three of the photocopiers require the use of your Lion Card. One B&W copier by the Main Circulation desk accepts coins. B&W copies are 10 cents each. Color copies are 50 cents each.
If you need help with copying ask any of the employees at the desks.
- No one but library staff or university staff on official business may use the library desk phones.
- There is an on-campus phone located to the left of the Main Circulation desk on the 3rd floor between the inner and outer doors. This phone will allow local off-campus calls by dialing 8.
- In addition we ask that cell phones be turned to silent when in library, especially on the 3rd floor.
Microforms are the filmed version of a printed work. Microforms are in the form of microfilm, which is a reel or roll, and microfiche, which is a sheet or card format. Most frequently, materials such as newspapers or periodicals are converted to a microform for the purpose of storage and/or preservation.
All Spiva Library microforms are located on the 4th floor across from the Government Documents & Audio Visuals help desk. Newspapers & periodicals are in alphabetical order by their titles. ERIC documents are in numerical order by their ED number.
A staff member at the Government Documents & Audio Visuals help desk can assist you in locating the material and in demonstrating how to use a reader or reader/printer to view or make photocopies of microforms. There are reader/printers for both microfilm and microfiche.
- To fax something at the Library, go to the Main Circulation Desk on the 3rd floor.
- Some fees may apply:
- We do not charge for receiving and sending local faxes (Carl Junction, Duneweg, Joplin, and Webb City only) or toll-free faxes.
- A $1.00 fee per page for incoming or outgoing domestic long-distance faxes.
- A $3.00 fee per page for incoming or out coming international long-distance faxes.