About the Degree
The minor in English with a writing emphasis is designed to develop your writing skills and to provide you with a way to present your accomplishments to prospective employers and graduate schools. Students wanting to minor in English will arrange a coherent sequence of courses in consultation with the departmental advisor for minors. Students should choose courses on the basis of their backgrounds, their major programs and, above all, their interests.
What You'll Learn
- The writing emphasis minor starts with College Composition I and College Composition II or Advanced College Composition.
- Additional classes will bne taken in Professional and Advanced Professional Writing, Technical Writing and Creative Writing.
- You'll also need at least one course in your major that has a heavy emphasis on writing.
This Degree is Great for You if
- You anticipate working in a profession in which writing will be a key component.
- You're involved in Public Relations or another career path that requires a solid introuction to Technical and Professional Writing.
- You want to improve your skills as a writer and feel the need for the advanced training offered by university classes.