Lifeguard Certification Course
Registration Deadline: 5/2/14
Course Dates/Times: May 15th (6p-10p)
May 17th & 18th (9a-9p)
|MSSU Faculty/Staff/Students: $225
MSSU Affiliates: $250
American Red Cross
This class will cover the American Red Cross Lifeguarding skills for certification.
- Enrollees will participate in:
-blended-learning through both on-line (prior to class start date) and classroom instruction (land & water)
- This course is open to the community, so please feel free to share this information.
- Prices include access to required text(s), resuscitation mask, and certification cards.
- Enrollees must pass a pre-test to participate. Pre-test will be held the first day of class.
- Participants must attend all classes.
- If lodging or special accommodations are needed for this course, please call 417-625-9533.
- Lunch & dinner breaks will be taken on Saturday & Sunday
- Participants must be at least 15 years of age and able to pass the per-requisite swim tests which include:
- A 300-yards non-stop swim (demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing)(no time limit)
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Starting in water, swim out 20-yards; retrieve a 10-lb rubber brick from 7'-10'; swim back to starting point with both hands holding brick; place brick on deck; climb out of pool without using the ladder or steps (1:45 time limit)