Dear Transfer and Former Student,
You can enroll in the department of your major during 'open enrollment' beginning Monday, April 18, 2016. Please refer to the checklist below to ensure you have met with the appropriate departments to assist you in completing the enrollment process.
Enrollment Check List:
- Pick up a copy of the University Catalog from the Registrar’s Office in Hearnes Hall 100. The catalog gives the school’s academic policies and provides you with the list of all the courses you will need for your major along with a description of each course and any pre-requisites required.
- Schedule an appointment with an advisor in the department of your major, please refer to the Administrative Assistant List
Transcript: Request an official transcript from all the schools attended to be sent to the Admissions office.
Student Bill: Your bill will be posted to your LioNet account once you have enrolled. It is your responsibility to check your LioNet account to your bill and settle it by the due date. The due date for 100% of the student bill for the summer semester is Thursday, June 9th by 5:00 p.m. and for the fall semester is Tuesday, August 30th. If you are interested in setting up a payment plan or paying for the semester, contact the Bursar’s Office at 417-625-9381, http://www.mssu.edu/offices/bursar/ or stop by Hearnes Hall 105 for assistance. Payments via cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express will be accepted.
- Financial Aid: File your FAFSA if you plan to apply for any financial aid. The Financial Aid counselors are available during working hours to meet with individual students. For more information, visit the Financial Aid website at http://www.mssu.edu/financial-aid or contact the office at 417-625-9325.
- If you are going to receive outside scholarships, have you turned in all outside scholarship documentation to the MSSU Scholarship office? For more information, contact the Scholarship office at 417-625-3161.
Medical History: All students are required to provide the Willcoxon Health Center with a medical history form, proof of 2 doses of Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) or an immune titer, and complete a Tuberculosis (TB) risk assessment on LioNet. If living in residence halls, you will also need proof of a current meningitis vaccine given at age 16 or older. Complete the enclosed medical history form and bring it with you to southern welcome along with an up-to-date photocopy of your immunization records. For any questions, or if you require medical or religious exemption, contact the and turn them in along with the immunization record to the Wilcoxin Health Center in Billingsly Student Center Room 242. If you need assistance, please call 417-625-9323. Download the health history form .
Lion Card and Parking Permits: You will need to go to the Campus Card Center in Billingsly Student Center Room 109 to process your Lion Card and register your vehicle. You will need a state or federal-issued photo ID and a license plate number for your parking permit.
Disability Accommodation: If you are a student with disability and need special accommodations, please notify the Coordinator for Student Disability Services, Lori Musser at firstname.lastname@example.org or 417-625-9516 prior to enrollment.
Email Activation: You are issued a school email account for all MSSU-related communication. You will have to activate that account before it can be used. Contact the Information Technology (IT) office at 417-659-4444 to get the information you need and directions to activate your email account.
Placement Tests: Though transfer students are not required to turn in ACT scores as part of their Admission requirements, note that some courses may require ACT scores for placement and may therefore require you to submit ACT scores or take the necessary prerequisite courses. Refer to the Course Placement.
Rental Books: A list of required books for your classes will be available on your LioNet account after you have enrolled. Rental & purchase textbooks can be picked up for summer classes beginning May 2nd and for fall classes beginning July 11th in Billingsly Student Center. You will need your Lion Card ID to pick up your rental books.
- Join our Facebook page for Transfer and Former students by going to MSSU Transfer Students.
Please contact the Southern Welcome office if you have any questions 417-625-9731.
Welcome to MSSU!
Director, First-Year Experience
Southern Welcome Coordinator
3950 East Newman Road
Joplin, MO 64801