Skip to main content

Helpful Reminders

Southern Welcome Department

Southern Welcome banner

  1. Have you filed your FAFSA – Free Application for Federal Student Aid? This is required for all federal, state, or institutional aid.  The priority date is October 1st. 

  2. If you filed your FAFSA, have you viewed your Financial Aid awards in Lionet (may still be in process). For more information contact the Financial Aid office at or call  417-625-9325.     

  3. If you are going to receive outside scholarships, have you turned in all outside scholarship documentation to the MSSU Scholarship office? For more information contact the Scholarship office at 417-625-3161.

  4. If you are eligible for the MSSU Transfer Scholarships, please complete the Transfer Scholarship Application found at  For more information, contact the Scholarship office at 417-625-3161.
  5. MSSU Foundation Scholarship application.  Click to apply
  6. Did you receive your MSSU student ID, Pin #, and Email Address ? If not contact MSSU IT department at 417-659-4444 or

  7. Have you activated your MSSU email account? Contact the MSSU IT department for assistance or with questions. Contact 417-659-4444 or .

  8. All students are required to provide the Willcoxon Health Center with a medical history
    form, proof of 2 doses of Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) or an immune titer, and complete a Tuberculosis (TB) risk assessment on LioNet. If living in residence halls, you will also need proof of a current meningitis vaccine given at age 16 or older.  Complete the enclosed medical history form and bring it with you to southern welcome along with an up-to-date photocopy of your immunization records. For any questions, or if you require medical or religious exemption, contact the  Willcoxon Health Center at 417-625-9323.

  9. If you plan to live in the residence halls, you will need to complete an online Housing Contract, pay your $150 housing deposit, and have proof of a current meningitis vaccine. Log into your LioNet account and click, "Applications and Forms" under Campus Housing. For more information contact the Residence Life Office at 417-625-9522 or

  10. Have you sent your final High School transcript to the MSSU Admissions Office? (Freshman requirement)

  11. Have you sent official copies of all college transcripts to the MSSU Admissions Office? Official copies mean the transcript has to be sent directly from the college where credits were earned-dual credit, AP credit, IB credit or transfer credit to the MSSU Admissions Office.  

  12. Join our Facebook group for freshmen students by searching “MSSU First-Year Students” and  
    join our Facebook group for transfer students by searching “MSSU Transfer Students”.