Departmental Clubs | Greek Groups | Honor Societies | Health & Wellness/Recreational | Leadership | Political | Religious/Spiritual | Special Interest
Missouri Southern has many registered student organizations (RSO's) to be a part of! It’s likely that one (or two, or three) of them will be just right for you, but if we do not have a club that is tailored to your interest, let us know and we will see if we can help you out. We want you to GET INVOLVED!
Being involved in extra-curricular activities, such as RSO's, gives you the opportunity to meet people with similar interests, develop leadership skills, get to know your professors on a more personal level, serve the community and can be a great supplement to your classroom lectures. Not to mention, being involved is FUN!
Active membership in an RSO shows potential employees that you are outgoing, a team player, and will go the extra step to get the job done. Organizations often invite guest speakers in, so it is also a great way to do some networking with someone who works in the field.
Missouri Southern's Student Organizations are overseen by the Student Activities Office and the Student Services Office.
Current Registered Student Organizations
If you have questions or comments about Missouri Southern's RSO's, contact the Student Activities Office at 417-625-9346 or stop by the Billingsly Student Center, room 210.
Successfully Registered 2012-2013 RSOs
- Criminal Justice Student Association (CJSA)
- Collegiate Chapter of the National Association of Music Educators (NAfME)
- Math Club
- Chemistry Club
- EMS Club
- Environmental Health Club
- Kinesiology Club
- Respiratory Care Club
- Psychology Club (Psi Chi)
- Student American Dental Hygienists Association (SADHA)
- Student Nurses Association
- Asian Club
- French Club
- Indian Student Association
- Native American Student Association
- MSSU International Club
- Saudi Student Club
- Southern Players
- Student Association of Broadcasters
- Computer Information Science Club
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
MSSU Greek Life Homepage
- Alpha Chi
- Alpha Kappa Delta (Sociology)
- Delta Mu Delta (Business Administration)
- Epsilon Mu Sigma
- Kappa Delta Pi (Education)
- Omicron Delta Kappa (Leadership)
Omicron Delta Kappa Initiation
- Order of Omega (Greek Honor Society)
- Phi Alpha Theta
- Phi Eta Sigma (Freshmen Honor Society)
- Psi Chi (Psychology)
- Sigma Tau Delta (English)
Health & Wellness/Recreational
- College Republicans
- MSSU Democrats
- Registered Student Organizations Application -This form MUST be filled out every year in order to be recognized as a campus organization. If this form is not filled out, the RSO will not be allowed Student Senate funding, along with participation in RSO events such as LionsROAR etc. Forms can always be turned in earlier. PDF version
- Campus Event Form - To be filled out when a club is planning a special activity (anything but regularly scheduled meetings) on campus. If an event registration form is not filled out for an activity then the activity will not be recognized as an official Registered Student Organization event.
- Event Registration Form (Off-Campus) - To be filled out when an organization is planning an event off campus (such as a trip). If an off campus event registration form is not filled out for an off campus activity then the activity will not be recognized as an official Registered Student Organization event. If an activity is registered, it will be expected to follow the guidelines set forth in the Missouri Southern Student Handbook. If an activity is not registered, it will be considered an independent student activity and the University should not be held liable for the event.
- End of Year Report Form - To be filled out within the last month of the Spring semester. Needs to include activities of the semester. Required for a club to be a Registered Student Organization.
- Advisor Agreement Form -This form will only need to be filled out with an advisor of a club changes. It does not need to be updated annually unless there is a change.