Dear Transfer and Former Student,
You can enroll in the department of your major beginning, Monday, April 20. Please pick up a copy of the 2015-2016 University Catalog from the Registrar’s Office in Hearnes Hall 100. The catalog gives the school’s academic policies and provides you with the list of all the courses you will need for your major along with a description of each course and any pre-requisites required.
The following are procedures you should follow to get you ready for the summer and fall semesters. Completing these steps will ensure a smoother transition for you.
- Enrollment Contact Information: To schedule an appointment with an advisor in the department of your major, please refer to this Administrative list.
- Transcript: Please make sure that you turn in to the Admissions office a copy of your official transcript from all the schools you have attended.
- Student Bill: Your bill will be posted to your LioNet account. No paper bills will be mailed to you. It is your responsibility to check your LioNet account to your bill and settle it by the due date. The due date for 100% of the student bill for the summer semester is Thursday, June 4 by 5 p.m. and Tuesday, August 25 by 5:00 p.m. for the fall semester. Contact the Bursar’s Office at 417-625-9381, http://www.mssu.edu/offices/bursar/ or stop by Hearnes Hall 105 with any fee payment related information.
- Financial Aid: File your FAFSA if you plan on applying for any financial aid. The Financial Aid counselors are available during working hours to meet with individual students. For more information, visit the Financial Aid website at http://www.mssu.edu/financial-aid or contact the office at 417-625-9325.
- Medical History: You are required to turn in to the Willcoxin Health Center a completed medical history form, a TB form, and a copy of your immunization records. Download the medical history form http://www.mssu.edu/southern-welcome/medical-history-form-spring-2015.pdf and and turn them in along with the immunization record photocopy to the Wilcoxin Health Center in Billingsly Student Center Room 242. If you need assistance, please call 417-625-9323.
- Lion Card and Parking Permits: You will need to go to the Campus Card Center in the lower level of Billingsly Student Center Room 109 to process your Lion Card and register your vehicle. You will need to bring a state issue photo ID and a license plate number for your parking permit.
- Disability Accommodation: If you are a student with disability and need special accommodations, please notify the Coordinator for Disability Services, Lori Musser at firstname.lastname@example.org or 417-625-9516 prior to enrollment.
- Email Activation: Your are issued a school email account for all MSSU-related communication. You will have to activate that account before it can be used. Contact the Information Technology (IT) office at 417-659-4444 to get the information you need and directions to activate your email account.
- Placement Tests: Though transfer students are not required to turn in ACT scores as part of their Admission requirements, note that some courses may require ACT scores for placement and may therefore require you to submit ACT scores or take the necessary pre-requisite courses. If you realize that you have to take any of these courses and did not turn in your ACT scores, you will be required to turn in ACT scores or take the necessary pre-requisite courses or placement exams. See: Course Placement Requirements Sheet
- Rental Books: Booklist for enrolled courses will be available on your LioNet account after enrollment. Rental & purchase textbooks can be picked up for summer classes beginning May 4 and July 13 for Fall classes in Billingsly Student Center. You will need your Lion Card ID to pick up your rental books.
11. Join our Facebook page for Transfer and Former students by going to MSSU Transfer Students.
Please contact the Southern Welcome office if you have any questions 417-625-9731.
Welcome to MSSU!
Southern Welcome Coordinator
3950 East Newman Road
Joplin, MO 64801