Open Enrollment Begins November 17
Hello Future Lion!
We are glad you have made the decision to attend Missouri Southern State University. Spring classes begin January 12. Open enrollment begins Monday, November 17th and you can enroll in the department of your major. If you are an undeclared major, you will enroll in the Advising, Counseling & Testing (ACTS) office. Please refer to the “Secretarial List” when scheduling your enrollment appointment. If for some reason you are not able to reach someone in the department of your major, you may contact the ACTS office. Please note the campus will be closed November 26th-28th for Thanksgiving break and December 24th –January 2nd for Christmas break. Faculty will be available to enroll through December 5th and then on January 8th and 9th.
Here are some things you can do before classes begin:
- Complete the FAFSA Application online - https://fafsa.ed.gov/, and then view your Financial Aid awards in LioNet at lioNet@mssu.edu . Contact the Financial Aid office at 417-625-9325 if you have questions about your awards.
- Complete a medical history form and a TB form which can be found at http://www.mssu.edu/southern-welcome/southern-welcome-freshmen-procedures.php and submit a copy of your immunization record to Willcoxon Health Center located on the 2nd floor of Billingsly Student
- Obtain your Lion Card Picture ID and Parking Permit in Billingsly Student Center, Room 109.
- If you are to receive outside scholarships, make sure they are reflected in LioNet. Contact the Scholarship office at 417-625-3161 if you have questions.
- Make sure you have your MSSU student ID (S#), Pin #, and email address. Make sure you activate your MSSU e-mail account. Directions are on the website www.outlook.com/mymail.mssu.edu or you can call the MSSU IT department for all of your technical needs at 417-659-4444.
- If you are living on campus, make sure you complete a housing contract and pay the application deposit. Contact the Residence Life Office at 417-625-9522 or go to www.mssu.edu/residence-life
- Once you have enrolled, you may set up a payment plan with the Bursar’s office located in the first floor of Hearnes Hall or go to www.mssu.edu/offices/bursar
Please contact my office if you have any questions or need assistance!
Director First-Year Experience
Southern Welcome Coordinator
3950 East Newman Road
Joplin, MO 64801