Jump to your question:
- When should I expect to receive my bill?
- What is a student account?
- What if I need a bill for my parents or a third party?
- Who should I notify if my charges are going to be paid by an outside agency?
- When is payment due?
- My account should be paid with financial aid, is there anything I need to do?
- I have more than enough financial aid to pay my student account. How do I get the remainder?
- I received a scholarship check. What do I do with it?
- May I keep a credit balance on my student account?
Do you have a question you don't see here? Contact us.
When should I expect to receive my bill?
The Bursar's Office does not mail bills. Tuition and fees are charged upon enrollment and are immediately viewable through LioNet.
What if I need a bill for my parents or a third party?
An official bill is available via LioNet. The Bursar's Office can also generate a bill for you. Just stop by or call our office and we would be happy to help.
Who should I notify if my charges are going to be paid by an outside agency?
Please communicate this information to the Bursar's Office by submitting your billing authorization, scholarship letter, etc. prior to the fee payment due date. Letters/authorizations should include:
- Name of entity paying your account
- Specific costs or amount the sponsor will pay
- Semester the award will pay
- Where to send billing, if requested
Letters or authorizations should be provided for each semester that an outside agency will be paying your account.
- Our Important Dates page
- In the Schedule of Classes
Announcements are also made through Campus Announcements in LioNet.
My account should be paid with financial aid. Is there anything I need to do?
Students need to ensure that their financial aid process is complete, ready to process to their account, and is enough to pay their account in full. Students should be sure there are no unsatisfied requirements for their financial aid (this status can be checked in LioNet), and should ensure that their financial aid is in an "authorized" status. To be authorized, financial aid awards and terms and conditions must be accepted.
I have more than enough financial aid to pay my student account. How do I get the remainder?
Disbursement of financial aid begins the first day of the third week of classes and runs the first day of each week thereafter. The Bursar's Office then processes and generates residual checks and electronic refunds for students each week. All checks are printed and sent to the mailing address you have on file with the Registrar's Office. You can set up an electronic refund at www.mssu.edu/paymybill (use your student id number and LioNet password to login).