Missouri Southern Foundation
For more information or to discuss charitable gifts:
By giving to Missouri Southern State University you demonstrate your passion for the University mission. At the same time, by giving to Missouri Southern you also show that you understand how donor support is required to cover the cost to educate each of our students.
Choosing a cause to support expresses your deepest values and reflects your vision of the world and of yourself.
When you make a gift to the University, you have many different ways to express those values:
- You may give an unrestricted gift to be used where the need is greatest, or
- You may choose to support a program or college that's close to your heart.
But wherever you direct your gift, you will be helping MSSU make an impact on students, on the community and on the world.
Endowments are gifts to the University in which the principal is invested.
Donors can designate the earnings from their investments to support scholarships, facility improvements and programs. These gifts create a permanent source of funding and allow donors to make a lasting difference in students’ lives. Over 96% of our students receive financial aid. Since 1984 donors have provided scholarships to more than 3,670 students at a value of $6,340,508.04.
Project estimated costs: $125,000 lecture series/$75,000 study abroad scholarship.
Help secure endowment funding for a lecture series and scholarships to assist students studying abroad, which is a requirement of the program.
The Performing Arts
Southern Symphonic Chorus
- Project Estimated cost: $10,000 annually.
Supports a joint performance between community and university musicians and singers. In April 2014 the group will perform Carl Orff's iconic Carmina Burana.
- Project Estimated Cost: $5,000 annually.
Theatre students and faculty perform a Shakespearean production for the community.
- Project estimated cost: $2,500,000
It is a goal of Missouri Southern to have an on-campus baseball stadium to provide each student-athlete with the best possible collegiate experience. For our baseball program, that means enabling the student-athletes to play games on their campus, in a stadium they can call their own. Naming opportunities available.
Multi-purpose North End Zone Facility
- Project estimated cost: $9,000,000
Multi-purpose North End Zone Facility. Plans are underway north of Fred Hughes Stadium to house locker rooms for multiple sports, an athletic training room, meeting rooms, an athletics Hall of Fame and alumni event center, and coaches offices. This facility will address safety concerns--ensuring that student-athletes will have changing, training, and treatment areas near the playing fields--thus eliminating the dangerous need to walk across Duquesne Road. Naming opportunities available.
- Missouri Southern is working to establish the Tom and Karen Rutledge Endowment Fund of $100,000 to honor Coach Tom Rutledge who served Missouri Southern since 1988. The fund will support the needs of the cross country and track and field programs, which Coach Rutledge established and developed into one of the top Division II programs in the country.