Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Transfer Scholarship | Board of Governor's Transfer Scholarship | University Academic Transfer Scholarship | Transfer Scholarship | Midwest Student Exchange Program for Transfer Students
Transfer Scholarships are available to new transfer students who fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and meet criteria below.
- Transfer Scholarships are renewable up to six consecutive semesters with enrollment in at least 12 credit hours per semester at MSSU. The renewal criteria is now completion of 24 credit hours for the Fall and Spring semesters combined with a 3.0 Overall/Cumulative GPA at the end of the Spring semester. However, if you do not complete any credit hours for the Fall semester - you will lose the scholarship for the Spring semester. If Spring is your first semester, you must complete at least 12 credit hours with at least a 3.0 Overall/Cumulative GPA.
- These scholarships are not applicable during summer semesters.
- Students who qualify for multiple institutional academic scholarships will be awarded the highest value academic scholarship.
- Transfer scholarships may be combined with performance awards or Foundation scholarships, not to exceed tuition and residence hall costs.
- Official academic transcripts must be sent to the Admissions Office. Transfer Scholarships are awarded upon transcript evaluation and verification of the scholarship criteria.
To apply for one of the following scholarships, please click on the scholarship's name.
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Transfer Scholarship
- Requirements: Membership in PTK – 3.5 GPA - 42 transfer credit hours 25 available awards per year
- Value: $2,000 per academic year ($1,000 per semester)
Board of Governor’s Transfer Scholarship
- Requirements: 3.5 GPA and a minimum of 42 transfer credit hours
- Value: $1,500 per academic year ($750 per semester)
University Academic Transfer Scholarship
- Requirements: 3.25 GPA and a minimum of 42 transfer credit hours
- Value: $1,000 per academic year ($500 per semester)
- Requirements: 2.75 GPA and a minimum of 24 transfer credit hours
- Value: $800 per academic year ($400 per semester)
*All fees, tuition, awards and scholarships are subject to change without notice and are subject to review by the Scholarship Committee upon receipt of funds and authorization by the Board of Governors.