The Center for Assessment and Institutional Research
Welcome to the homepage of the Center for Assessment and Institutional Research (CAIR) at Missouri Southern State University (MSSU). As you page through this website you will notice that the activities of the Center are directed toward fulfilling the stated mission of the University. The primary goal of the Center is to gather, process, and translate data into useful information for university administrators so that they can make more informed decisions. CAIR reports to the Vice-President of Academic Affairs. The Center is guided by the principles and standards couched in The Code of Ethics of the Association for Institutional Research (AIR).
CAIR responsibilities include:
- Serving as a repository and clearinghouse for information about the university.
- Providing data support for Academic Program Review in cycles of departmental program evaluation.
- Supporting university-wide assessment activities and promoting the use of results for measuring and improving student learning and development.
- Collecting, analyzing, interpreting data for institutional planning, policy formation and decision making.
- Serving as a central source for information about the institution for both internal and external constituencies.
- Collecting, analyzing, maintaining, and disseminating internal and external data about the university.
- Coordinating the university's reporting to federal, state, and accreditation agencies.
- Responding to requests for information from within and outside the university.
- Provide analytical support for planning and decision-making.
- Responding to ad-hoc requests for information and providing data and support to the university community.
- Compiling and providing statistical analyses of internal and external data as directed by the Vie President for Academic Affairs.
- Supporting university's academic and non-academic assessment activities.
- Compiling and providing analyses of institutional data in support of the operation, decision-making, and planning functions of the University.
- Administering the Freshman ETS Proficiency Test and the Major Field Tests