How to Make Long Distance Calls
Note: As you know, you should not use the departmental access code when making a personal long-distance phone call.
Each long-distance provider will have their own access number. An example using AT&T is below. For other providers, please find the appropriate number on the back of your calling card.
First: Dial 8, 1 to access the outside line.
Example using AT&T:
- Dial 1-800-225-5288 (for AT&T only.) The system is automated, so you can just follow the voice prompts.
- Press 1 to place a calling card or credit card call.
- Dial 1 for a call within the US or Dial 01 for an international number. Or, long distance code+8+desired number.
- Dial the area code and phone number.For a calling card, enter your calling card number and PIN which consists of either 14 or 16 digits
For a credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover), enter the credit card number and the expiration date shown on the front of the card.
- You should soon be connected. If you are not, hang up and try again.