Part-time EMS Instructor
The Department of Emergency Medical Services at Missouri Southern State University is experiencing an exciting period of growth and invites applicants for an adjunct EMS Instructor, beginning January 19, 2016. Teaching responsibilities include general classroom, laboratory, and clinical instruction in the Emergency Medical Technician and Paramedic Programs.
Applicants should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- State of Missouri Paramedic license or ability to obtain within 60 days.
- EMS Instructor/Coordinator certification or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire.
- 2 years field experience as a paramedic.
- Portray evidence of professionalism and be diplomatic when working with others.
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and evidence of teaching excellence is preferred.
Application review begins immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. Applicants should submit a detailed letter of application, curriculum vitae (with the names, addresses, email, and phone numbers of three references) and copies of all transcripts. (Official transcripts are required 45 days after contract is issued). Please email documents to FacultyVitae@mssu.edu and enter "Adjunct EMS Instructor" in subject line.
MSSU is an EOE employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among faculty and staff. Employment will require a background check. E-verify participating employer.
Applicants for employment may visit http://www.mssu.edu/offices/police/campus-security-act.php to view the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy that details MSSU policies and statistics about campus crime. A paper copy of this information is available upon request to the University Police Department at 417-626-2222.