PRAXIS II / Subject Assessments
Next Test Date: Saturday, September 21, 2013
- Location: Health Science Building-Check in-Lobby area
- On the day of the TEST (www.ets.org/praxis)
- Test starts at: 8:00 a.m.
- Test ends at: varies
- Length of test: 2.5 hours
- Cost: varies
- Check in time: 7:30 a.m.
- Dates: Testing Calendar
- Host: Advising, Counseling & Testing Services (ACTS) Hearnes Hall-Rm 417-25-9324 Email ACTS
- Location: Plaster Hall
- The PRAXIS test location is Plaster Hall. Room assignments will be posted in the lobby of Plaster Hall.
- REMINDER: An official and current photo ID with signature is required to be admitted to the test room. Please refer to the PRAXIS Registration Bulletin for details.
- Stand-by Testing is available but is not a guaranteed service. Stand-by examinees are admitted IF we have a test book in your subject area, a seat, AND your application form is completed, signed, AND a test fee enclosed by 7:30 a.m. (session I) or by 10:45 a.m. (session II) or by 2:15 p.m. (session III).
- Missouri Southern State University majors are required to take a PRAXIS II / Subject Assessment Test as part of their graduation requirements. A passing score on a PRAXIS/Subject Assessment test must be met to partially satisfy requirements for teacher certification.
- The PRAXIS II: Subject Assessments measure your knowledge of the subjects you will teach. They also measure your general and subject-specific pedagogical skills and knowledge.
- Registration Bulletin: Contact the ACTS office to obtain a hard copy of the PRAXIS Registration Bulletin OR visit PRAXIS II ACTS Office hours are: 8 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our office is sometimes closed for staff training, staff meetings, or testing.
- Test Takers with Documented Disabilities Test takers with document disabilities who want to use test accommodations must register and request test accommodations. Only paper registration is available for those submitting test accommodation applications.
- Preparing for the Test: Test taking strategies and specific subject content is available. Visit The PRAXIS Series Online to view a quick guide to each test that includes sample test questions with answers and explanations.
- Test Registration: Registration is available online (all tests are paper/pencil tests). Be sure to check registration deadlines to avoid late fees!
- Parking: Free parking (Saturday's) is available in the main parking lot. campus map.
Test Day Reminders
- Bring your admission ticket
- Appropriate photo ID with signature - refer to the PRAXIS Registration Bulletin for ID requirements Examinees who do not present an appropriate ID will not be admitted to the test room - NO exceptions are made.
- NO CELL PHONE POLICY: Possession of or use of telephones, cell phones, BlackBerry devices, PDAs, or other electronic or photographic devices is prohibited in the test center and will result in your dismissal from the test, forfeiture of your registration and test fees, and cancellation of your scores by ETS. Test center staff CANNOT collect or hold devices for test takers. This policy is documented in the Registration Bulletin that can be downloaded from the Praxis website. WWW.ets.org/praxis
- For your comfort we suggest you bring a jacket or sweater as room temperature may vary.
Back to Testing