Save Time. Save Money. CLEP provides students the opportunity to earn credit for their knowledge obtained: in or out of the classroom, through independent study, professional development, internships, etc. CLEP exams permit persons to earn college credit quicker and less expensive than semester long courses.
- CLEP exams are administered by Advising, Counseling, and Testing personnel.
- Transcripts of CLEP scores from any CLEP Test Center are reviewed and evaluated on the same basis as tests taken at MSSU.
- CLEP exams are administered by appointment only.
- Missouri Southern accepts these CLEP Exams for college credit.
Registration and payment of CLEP testing fees, $80, must be made online through My Account registration portal. The registration platform will allow you to register for a CLEP exam 24/7, manage your personal information any time prior to taking the exam, search for test centers, select your score recipient institution, and purchase any study materials. Print your registration ticket for proof of payment.
- Schedule Appointment with MSSU Testing Services: 417-625-9324
- Administration fee $20 cash/money order to MSSU; Payment is made at Bursar's office, Hearnes Hall Room 105 or call 417.625.9381, and bring receipt as proof of payment
- Bring printed Registration Ticket (CLEP site) and bring to testing center for Check-in and proof of payment
- Tests are administered in the ACTS office located in room 314 of Hearnes Hall (Bldg. #19 on virtual and PDF campus map; ). Please arrive 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled exam.
Taking the Exam:
- CLEP exams are administered on computer.
- Test times are generally 90 minutes. Appointments are schedule for two (2) hours to allow for check in and the online tutorial.
- Unofficial results are known at the end of the exam
- Official results are mailed to you and the institutions you chose to received your scores.
Accommodations for students with Disabilities:
If you have a disability, such as a learning or physical disability, that would prevent you from taking a CLEP exam under standard conditions, you may request accommodations through us. You must contact us well in advance of your test date to make the necessary arrangements and to find out our deadline for submission of documentation and approval of accommodations. Accommodations that can be arranged directly with our test center may include:
- ZoomText (screen magnification)
- Modifiable screen colors
- Use of a reader, amanuensis, or a sign language interpreter
- Extended time
- Untimed rest breaks
If the above accommodations do not meet your needs, do not register online for your exam. Contact CLEP Services email@example.com for information about other accommodations.