Our proudest achievement is the amazing success stories of our students
- 95% of 2010 Nursing graduates are employed in the nursing field.
- Our students have a 100% pass rate on the Registered Nurse exams.
- 84% of 2010 Accounting graduates are currently employed in management, tax or accounting-related jobs.
- Our students ranked first in passing the entire CPA exam compared with other regional universities offering undergraduate degrees in accounting.
- 80% of May 2010 graduates with a BS in Criminal Justice are currently employed in their major field.
- 95% of our Elementary Education graduates are employed in their major field.
- Our Environmental Health students have a 100% pass rate on the Missouri Certification Exam.
First Year Experience
At MSSU, the focus is on YOU!
A high percentage of our freshman class each year is a 'first generation’ college student. We specialize in just the right amount of ‘hand-holding.’ Once you've been admitted, you will be guided through your first enrollment in a Southern Welcome session, as well as introduced to all the amenities available on our campus. The First Year Experience Department is here to continue to enhance your first year in college with social events, provide a mentor or tutor, organize Learning Communities, and Career and Life Planning classes.
MSSU allows you to customize your college experience. Do you want a traditional brick and motar college classroom experience? We have four dorm room styles and various meal plan options from which to choose. Or, do you need classes that fit into your busy schedule? Our internet and televised classes let you attend class on YOUR schedule.
It's about more than what you learn in a textbook
It's about preparing the individual to take his/her place in the global economy of the future. One unique feature at Missouri Southern is our theme-based semesters. Each fall, the Institute of International Studies designates a particular country or region of the world to become the focus of intensive study. Campus events are designed to expose students to the life, language, culture and atmosphere of the selected country. Study abroad opportunities abound for students who want to experience the county first hand.