Manufacturing Degrees and Certifications
You may be interested in:
- Industrial Engineering Technology - Industrial Engineering Technology (IET) is about determining the most effective ways to use people, machines, materials, and information to make a product or to provide a service. As companies adopt management philosophies of continuous productivity and quality improvement to survive in the increasingly competitive world market, the need for Industrial Engineering Technologists is growing. Industrial Engineering Technologists figure out how to do things better. They engineer processes and systems that improve quality and productivity. They work to eliminate waste of time, money, materials, energy, and other commodities and therefore save companies money. This is why more and more companies are hiring Industrial Engineering Technologists and then promoting them into management positions
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology - The Associate of Science in Manufacturing EngineeringTechnology degree program provides students with the opportunity for hands-on experience necessary for employment as a technician in the computer-enhanced manufacturing environment. This is a flexible program that allows students to develop a program of study, with faculty approval, that meets their individual career goals. The curriculum primarily covers computer aided drafting, basics in machining, CNC (computer numerical control), CAM (computer assisted manufacturing), and materials. Students also have the opportunity to select nine credit hours from approved elective courses that span a wide array of topics.
- Drafting & Design Engineering Technology - The Drafting and Design Engineering Technology (DDET) program prepares students to enter the ever-changing and highly challenging field of engineering as engineering technologists in the fields of manufacturing, civil, architecture, or construction.
- Quality Technician Certification - Business and industry desperately need graduates who have the skills to improve productivity, reduce costs, and increase quality of products and services so they can remain competitive in the global economy.
- CNC Operator Certification - The program is designed to provide skills in the operation of computer numerically controlled (CNC) lathe and milling machines. The student will be equiped to be a CNC technician upon completion of the program.
- CAD Operator Certification - The program is structured to prepare individuals to perform Computer Aided Drafting and Design work in various industries. The trained individual will have the skills to prepare drawings for manufacture and make design amendments to existing drawings using CAD programs. The program will prepare the individual to work as a CAD operator, as well as a drafting technician and a detailer.
- Six Sigma Certification - Our students have the unique opportunity to gain Six Sigma Green Belt and/or Black Belt certification, which will give them a competitive edge when starting their careers. The certification will guarantee future employers that graduates will have proficiency in using a disciplined process and statistical techniques to achieve near perfect processes. It also guarantees that students have actually applied the methods and techniques successfully and caused a positive impact to the bottom-line of an organization.
You may also be interested in: Engineering Technology, Land Surveying, Pre-Engineering