Chemistry degree options
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Education (BSEd), Chemistry major
- Bachelor of Science in Education (BSEd), Unified Science major, Chemistry endorsement
- Minor in Chemistry
Chemistry offers a wide range of opportunities
Chemistry is a broad field that offers a wide range of career opportunities. A degree in chemistry or biochemistry prepares you for work in areas such as:
- environmental protection
- market research
- forensic chemistry
- information science
- new product development
Valuable in health science careers
Chemistry degrees are also valuable in health sciences, including:
- clinical chemistry
- industrial hygiene
Have a career goal in mind
Due to the diversity of the field of chemistry, it is best to have a career goal in mind as you pursue a chemistry degree. Missouri Southern State University offers the following chemistry degree options:
- BS in Chemistry: prepares you for a career in professional chemistry or a related field.
- BA in Chemistry: if you do not expect to become a professional chemist but need some knowledge of chemistry as a basis for work in another field, this degree may be right for you.
- BSEd in Chemistry: prepares you to teach chemistry. You may concentrate on chemistry as a single teaching field to teach grades 9-12, or you may choose chemistry as one of two teaching fields, which qualifies you to teach grades K-12.
- BSEd in Unified Science, Chemistry endorsement: prepares you to teach introductory level courses in biology, chemistry, earth science and physics and to teach advanced courses in chemistry at the secondary level (grades 9-12).
- Minor in Chemistry: for students majoring in another area of study.
- Biochemistry and Forensic Science degree options are also available.
You also may be interested in: Advanced Power, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry Education, Forensic Science, Process Improvement, Unified Science Education