Online Citation Management Tool
Welcome to the New Refworks!
- MSSU has "soft" migrated to the new RefWorks . This means users are able to maintain both legacy & new RefWorks accounts in parallel.
- We may "hard" migrated to the new RefWorks at some point, which will require you to migrate to the new RefWorks.
- We recommend you migrating to the new RefWorks and exploring the new features of the new RefWorks.
RefWorks is a proprietary online citation management tool, only FREE to all current MSSU students, faculty, and staff.
- collect, manage, and organize research papers and documents
- read annotate, organize, and cite your research
- collaborate with friends and colleagues by sharing collections
Create a new RefWorks account:
- Go to http://refworks.proquest.com and click the “Create account” link. If you are an old RefWorks user, you still need to create a new RefWorks account.
- Fill in your information making sure to use your MSSU email address.
- Once you activate your account (you'll receive an email with a link to complete the registration process), you’ll get access immediately and can get started managing your documents.
Please read the New-RefWorks-LibGuide to learn how to effectively use this tool.
- Setting up your new RefWorks account
- Importing existing references from the old RefWorks
- Importing existing references from other citation tools
- Importing new references in Summon
- Importing new references in other ways
- Creating Bibliographies and Write Paper
- Reading and annotating documents in RefWorks
- Sharing and Collaborating
Citation Style Guides
MLA format: OWL Purdue's Online Writing Lab for MLA
APA Format: OWL Purdue's Online Writing Lab for APA
Chicago style: OWL Purdue's Online Writing Lab for Chicago Style
Free Citation Management Tools
BibMe - Free Citation Generator
Citation Machine - Free Citation Generator
Zotero Citation Manager - Free Download Citation Generator
Mendeley - Free Reference Manager
EasyBib - Generating Citations
WorksCited4U - Free bibliography Generator