Article I - Name
The name of this organization shall be the Student Library Organization.
Article II – Purposes
The purposes of this organization shall be as follows:
- The organization shall serve as a liaison between the student body of Missouri Southern State University and the George A. Spiva Library, providing feedback and suggestions to library administration.
- The organization shall promote awareness of library resources and services to the student body of Missouri Southern State University.
- The organization shall seek to provide avenues of community service to members with service projects.
Article III – Membership
Section I - The membership of this organization shall be open to any full-time student in good standing. Members must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.
Section II – The dues of the organization shall be set by the officers of the organization. The dues may be changed once per year by a 2/3 vote of the active membership. The dues are set at $10.00/semester or $15.00/academic year.
Article IV – Officers
Section I - All officers shall be active, members of the organization. Elected officers of this organization shall be President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
Section II – The duties of these offices are as follows:
- President - The President shall conduct all meetings in an orderly manner. The President shall appoint and serve as an ex-officio member of all committees.
- Vice-President – The Vice-President shall conduct all meetings when the president is absent and render assistance to the President.
- Secretary – The Secretary shall take concise minutes of all meetings and compile them and other items into a permanent record of the organization. The secretary will also take care of all official correspondence for the organization.
- Treasurer – The Treasurer shall collect all monies due the organization and conduct the financial affairs of the organization in accordance with sound business procedures and appropriate university requirements.
Article V – Board of Directors
The officers of this organization and the organization’s advisor shall be considered to be the Executive Board of Directors for the organization.
Article VI – Meetings
Section I - Regular meetings shall be held at least once each month during the academic year, on a day selected as suitable by a plurality of the votes cast at a meeting.
Section II – A plurality of the votes cast at a meeting shall be considered to constitute a quorum.
Article VII – Committees
Such committees as are necessary for the function of this organization will be appointed for a specific purpose and duration by the president of the organization.
Article VIII – Elections
Section I - Officers for this organization will be selected by ballot at the first meeting of the academic year.
Section II - All nominations for offices will be taken from the floor and then permission of the individuals must be secured.
Section III - The candidate receiving a plurality of the votes cast will be named to each respective office.
Section IV - The terms of the officers shall be for the academic year and shall terminate at the end of the academic year.
Article IX – Rules of Order
Meetings will be based upon a simplified and condensed interpretation of Robert’s Rules of Order.
Article X – Amendments to the Constitution
This constitution may be amended at any regular meeting by a two-thirds majority of the votes cast, the proposed amendment having been submitted in writing and read to the organization at a regular meeting at least one week before being voted upon.
This constitution is made subject to all policies and regulations governing student organizations as established by Missouri Southern State University.