The mission of the radiologic technology program is to provide high quality entry-level radiographers. Attention is focused on the needs for each student for local to international service.
In order to accomplish the program goals, it is the philosophy of MSSU to provide students with a high quality educational experience that includes:
1. Five-year average credentialing examination (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Radiography exam) first-time pass rate of not less than 75% at first attempt within six months of graduation.
|Year||Percent passing on 1st attempt||Number of students|
|2010||100%||7 of 7 students passed on 1st attempt|
|2011||100%||9 of 9 students passed on 1st attempt|
|2012||100%||8 of 8 students passed on 1st attempt|
|2013||100%||8 of 8 students passed on 1st attempt|
|2014||100%||7 out of 7 students passed on 1st attempt|
2. Employers will indicate satisfaction with students hired from the program
|Employers will indicate satisfaction with students hired
from the program.
Goal - Score of 7 out of possible 10 on five year average
Overall avg. - 9.09
3. Five-year average job placement rate of not less than 75% within six months of graduation. This reflects the average of the number of graduates finding employment versus those seeking employment.
|Year||Percent Job Placement in Radiology||Number of Students|
|2009||89%||8 of 9 graduates employed|
|2010||86%||6 of 7 graduates employed|
|2011||100%||8 of 8 graduates employed, 1 continuing education and not seeking employment|
|2012||100%||8 of 8 graduates employed|
|2013||100%||All students employed or continued their education|
4. Graduates will indicate they were satisfied the program prepared them as entry-level practitioners.
Graduates will indicate they were satisfied the program prepared them
Goal - Score of 7 out of possible 10 (overall score) on five-year average.
5 year avg. 9.19
5. Program Completion Rate reflects the number and percentages of student cohorts that complete the program within the two-year program period.
|Year||Percent Completion||Number of Students|
|2009||90%||10 started/9 graduated|
|2010||78%||9 started/7 graduated|
|2011||100%||9 started/9 graduated|
|2012||89%||9 started/8 graduated|
|2013||89%||9 started/8 graduated|
|2014||78%||9 started/7 graduated|
Goal 1: Students will develop communication skills enabling them to communicate with patients and healthcare providers.
Goal 2: Students will be able to think critically and solve problems in their daily work environment.
Goal 3: Students will demonstrate professionalism.
Goal 4: Students will demonstrate competence in their clinical practice.