Radiology Application Process
Application for Admission Procedure
Acceptance into the program is limited and competitive. To be considered, applicants must meet minimum requirements that include:
- A 2.5 overall GPA or higher
- A “C” in all courses required for the Associate of Science in Radiologic Technology
- Completion of all of the pre-requisite courses with a “C” or better prior to the start of the program.
- Completion of the HOBET Exam with a competitive score.
Applicants with the best grades in the sciences and math required for this degree and who have completed the most core classes will be given preference for admission. Applicants should focus particular attention to grades in Bio 121, Bio 221, Bio 240, Math 30 and RAD 111.
Application materials must be submitted directly to the Radiology Department prior to February 1st of the year you wish to enter the program. The application process includes:
- Submit official high school and college transcripts (including MSSU transcript, if applicable) to the Radiology Department.
- Submit proof of a job shadowing experience in radiology. This will consist of observing a radiologic technologist and asking questions to help you understand the fundamental roles and responsibilities of the profession. You may observe at any hospital by calling the human resource office and scheduling your visit in advance. Professional dress attire is required during the observation experience. Applicants must print off the job shadow form and take it with them to the observation site. It must be signed by a radiologic technologist at the site who will indicate the time(s) and date(s) of your observation experience. During your shadowing experience, you will observe and ask questions that will allow you to answer the questions on the shadow form. Although there is no minimum time requirement for shadowing, you should be able to answer the questions and feel satisfied that you want to pursue radiologic technology as a profession. The job shadow form and answers must be submitted as part of your application to the radiology department at MSSU.
- Take the Health Occupations Basic Entrance Test (HOBET) prior to February 1st of the year you wish to enter the program. You may call 417-625-9848 for scheduling. There must be a minimum of five (5) students scheduled for testing on any given date. If less than five (5) are scheduled, you will be contacted for rescheduling.
October 23, 2013-Wednesday at 1pm
November 21, 2013 Thursday at 1pm
December 17, 2013-Tuesday at 9am
January 10, 2014 –Friday at 9am
Submit three letters of reference (using the forms found on this web-site). The forms should be mailed to the person being used as a reference and sent by them directly to the radiology department in a sealed envelope. Letters brought by the applicant will not be accepted.
- Submit Application for Admission Form
It is recommended that you call and confirm that all application materials have been received by the Director of the program prior to the February 1st deadline at (417-625-3118)