Student Council for Exceptional Children
Student Council for Exceptional Children is an active chapter of the Missouri Association of the Student Council for Exceptional Children, which is a federation of the International Council for Exceptional Children. SCEC is an educational organization focusing on the needs of exceptional children.
- Help ALL teachers feel more prepared to teach in the inclusive classroom environment
- Focus on a specific disability each month (Exp. autism, learning disabilities)
- Gain knowledge about different exceptionalities
- Have the opportunity to lead at the chapter, state, and national levels of SCEC
- Opportunities for community service projects, make-and-take activities, lesson plan ideas, and guest speakers
- Attend state and national CEC conferences
- Network with professionals and students within Missouri
- Receive newsletters and journals
To be eligible for student membership:
You must be a full-time college or university student or a part-time student not engaged in full-time employment as a certified professional in the education profession.