International Comparative Education and Cultures
Educ #483-Comparative Education and Cultures
This course will be completed on campus prior to and following the field experience. Class lectures will focus on the culture and educational systems of designated countries. Travel in cultures studied will include visits in schools with interviews arranged to meet the certification profile of class participants. This course is offered as a spring intersession course. Locations studied and visited include: Norway, Sweden and Denmark-2000; England, France, Switzerland, Austria and Germany-2001; Australia and New Zealand-2002 and 2005; Italy-2003; England and Scotland-2004; England-2006; England, France and Spain-2007; Costa Rica-2008 and 2009; China-2010; England, France, and Spain-2011; Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand-2011; Italy and Germany-2013.
International Student Teaching
Participating student teachers are able to:
- Earn partial credit that can be applied to the final clinical field experience requirement
- Teach in another culture through a complete immersion experience
- Compare and contrast school organizations, pedagogy, and curricula
- 2.75 G.P.A.
- Meet all student teaching requirements
Application and Registration:
- Please contact the faculty sponsor for application and payment schedule.
**The Department of Teacher Education International Student Teaching Program is primarily funded through the Institute for International Studies.