Kappa Delta Pi is an international Honor Society in Education. Organized to recognize excellence in education, KDP invites those to membership who exhibit the ideals of scholarship, high personal standards, and promise in teaching and allied professions. Membership invitation is based on admission to the Teacher Education Program, a GPA of 3.5, and faculty recommendations.
Chapter activities include campus and community service events, professional development opportunities, and an annual induction ceremony.
The Mission of Kappa Delta Pi is to:
- Recognize scholarship and excellence in education
- Promote the development and dissemination of worthy educational ideas and practices
- Enhance the continuous growth and leadership of its diverse membership
- Foster inquiry and reflections on significant educational issues; and
- Maintain a high degree of professional developement