Kappa Delta Pi is an international Honor Society in Education. Organized to recognize excellence in education, KDP invites those to membership who exhibit the ideals of scholarship, high personal standards, and promise in teaching and allied professions. Rho Sigma Chapter was honored at the National Convocation in November 1997 and again in 1999 as a distinguished chapter. Only a few chapters receive the Achieving Chapter Excellence Awards (ACE award) for outstanding activities, membership programming, and society service.
Annual Chapter activities include:
- MSSU Phone-A-Thon (February)
- Reading is Fundamental (April)
- Scholastic Book Fair each semester in support of the MSSU Child Development Center & Rho Sigma treasury
- Homecoming events (October)
- Local, Regional, and National Conferences
Membership invitation is based on admission to the Teacher Education Program, a GPA of 3.5, and faculty recommendations.
The Mission of Kappa Delta Pi is to:
- Recognize scholarship and excellence in education
- Promote the development and dissemination of worthy educational ideas and practices
- Enhance the continuous growth and leadership of its diverse membership
- Foster inquiry and reflections on significant educational issues; and
- Maintain a high degree of professional developement