Collegiate Middle Level Association-C.M.L.A.
Collegiate Middle Level Association is an affiliate of National Middle School Association
The purposes of CMLA are to:
- Support and encourage students in middle level education
- Inform members of progress and activities of both CMLA and other middle levels student groups via newsletters, electronic technology, and other sources of communication
- Advance appropriate middle level teacher preparation
- Support legislation, standards, and recommendations which enhance middle level concepts, practices, and ideas
- Provide information about current middle level employment opportunities
- Promote and invite collegiate participation at national, state, & regional middle level conference
The MSSU Chapter of CMLA holds monthly meetings presenting guest speakers, relevant middle level topics, interdisciplinary lesson plans, and middle level conference opportunities. CMLA has an active relationship with area schools and membership is appropriate for elementary, middle, secondary, and K-12 certification majors. Middle level education targets the needs of the 10 to 14 year old student. Missouri's middle level certification is for grades 5-9.
How to become a member of CMLA:
- Local membership dues are $20.00 per year
- Individuals can contact the advisor or an officer of MSSU CMLA chapter to become a member.