Fall and Spring semesters: 7:00 AM until 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
Summer hours: slightly extended from 6:45 AM until 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday to accommodate MSSU employees who work the extended day summer schedule.
- Other: open every day the university doors are open. In addition, the daycare center is open during Spring Break and Fall Break; Fridays during the summer when campus is otherwise closed. Parents will receive an event calendar each semester. Weekly activity calendars are posted outside of each classroom.
You may enroll your child for a minimum of 2 and up to 5 days per week. Daily fees are:
Children assigned to the Infant/Toddler classrooms: $34 per day
Children assigned to the Preschool classrooms: $28 per day
The Payment policy is an advance payment due in two week increments every two weeks. Tuition payment schedule is located on the Lion Cub Academy calendar in green.
Enrollment Packets for Spring (January through Mid- May), Summer (May through Mid-August), and Fall (Mid-August through to Christmas Break in December), must be picked up in person at the Lion Cub Academy by a custodial parent or legal guardian. The enrollment fee must accompany the completed packet upon return by the deadline to reserve your child's place in the LCA.
A minimum of two weeks notice must be submitted in writing to the Lion Cub Academy director.
Late payment policy
Payments are due the first and third Monday of each month. Non-payment will result in your child not returning to the academy until payment is received.
A $1 per minute charge will be assessed to the parent's invoice when children are picked up late.
Parents receive a statement upon the arrival of their child to the academy. Pay periods are clearly defined, due dates and amounts itemized. Personal checks, money orders, cash and credit cards are all acceptable forms of payment. Check and money orders must be made out to the MSSU Lion Cub Academy. Information regarding refunds, snow days, sick days, and vacation days please refer to Parent Handbook.
Return check policy
All receipts are processed through the Missouri Southern State University Business Office. There will be a $35 charge for returned fees; payable only in cash. Once a check has been returned, all future fees must be paid with credit card or cash, only.
As referenced in the Enrollment Policy, a $25 enrollment fee must accompany enrollment forms for each semester. The deposit reserves your child's place in the Lion Cub Academy. No post dated checks will be accepted as per institutional policy.
Based on a development philosophy the Lion Cub Academy (LCA) proposes to aid the child in achieving the following goals:
- The child will develop a beginning understanding of "self" as both an individual and cultural identity.
- The child will develop social understanding necessary for interacting effectively with peers and adults in the environment.
- The child will develop curiosity and intellectual skills necessary for the enjoyment of distance learning.
- The child will acquire and develop language as a personal and social means to enhance communication and learning.
- The child will develop attitudes and skills that promote physical fitness and motor control.
- 1:4 = Infant Room (Ages 6 weeks to 12 months)
- 1:4 = Toddler Classroom (Ages 12 months – 2 years)
- 1:8 = Preschool I Classroom (Ages 2 - 3 years)
- 1:10 = Preschool II Classroom (Ages 3 - 4 years)
- 1:10 = Pre-Kindergarten Classroom (Ages 4 – 5 years)
- 1:16 = Summer School Age Classroom (Ages 6 – 8 years) Dependent on space available