Virtually every day, your world comes into contact with something Japanese-- automobiles, electronic items, foods and more. A minor in Japanese offers a student an important window into one of the world's largest languages. As a Japanese minor, you'll develop language proficiency and cultural competency. At the same time, you'll gain an insight into your own culture and language even as you enhance your vision of the world. The immersion program in Japanese is open to all students, regardless of major.
What You'll Learn
- You'll begin work on the minor with Beginning and Intermediate courses in Japanese. These will include Beginning Japanese I, Beginning Japanese II and Intermediate Japanese classes.
- Topics in Japanese, which will lead into more Advanced Japanese classes.
- As a Japanese minor, you'll be required to complete a total of 18 hours in the language, six of which must be upper division.
This Minor Might Be Good for You if:
- You plan on living, working or traveling in Japan.
- Want to add depth to your educational experience, especially if you are majoring in another modern language.
- You want to develop an understanding and appreciation for Japanese culture.