Freshmen Southern Welcome
Tuesday, 24 April, 2018
All first-time freshmen are required to attend this half-day orientation and enrollment event.
THINGS YOU CAN I DO AT SOUTHERN WELCOME
• Enroll with an academic advisor
• Obtain a Student ID & parking permit
• Receive housing information
• Take a residence life tour
• Speak with a financial aid counselor about scholarships and
• Meet with the Bursar's office to set up a payment plan
• Take a campus tour
THINGS YOU SHOULD BRING
• Your State or Federal issue ID
For example - Driver's license or passport
• Your License Plate Number to get your parking permit
• A copy of your academic transcripts
• Your completed medical history form and your shot record
BRING YOUR FAMILY
We encourage you to bring your family so they can receive the
same information we are giving you. We want to give them the
opportunity to have their questions answered. Also, there will be
a special session for parents and guests titled, "The Family and
the Freshman Year."
WHERE DO I PARK?
Parking is available in the lot in front of Billingsly Student Center, just off of Newman Road. Look for the SOUTHERN WELCOME signs!
A RESERVATION IS REQUIRED
Student-athletes, students in the Honors
program and those who wish to enroll for Summer
classes are encouraged to register for the April 24th
date. Go to mssu.edu/southern-welcome website to register.
(The reservation link will be available in February.)