United Ways U Can Make a Difference
United Way was built on the belief that together, we can accomplish more than any one individual or organization can alone. Missouri Southern has chosen to be a pacesetter for the 2012-2013 campaign. MSSU is setting the pace for everyone else, we are leaders and we can help create a stronger community by giving to the United Way
Your donations to the United Way make a world of difference. They give clothes to children...food to families...and support to our neighbors who need it the most. I want to make a difference in the lives of our neighbors. And I hope you do too.
Our Goal - $16,000 can be reached with MSSU working together
Ways U can make a difference:
By driving past the coffee shop once a week, you can provide…
- Twelve children the opportunity of one-on-one tutoring for one month.
- Cub Scout Summer Camp to a Cub Scout for three days and two nights.
- Three healthy meals and two snacks a day for all twelve children at Children’s Haven.
- One hour and fifteen minutes of occupational therapy at the Cerebral Palsy Center for one child.
- Seven hours of security at the Visitation Center at the Safehouse Crisis Center.
- Supplies for a summer club, such as cooking, gardening, and photography supplies.
- One pair of orthopedic shoes that attach to leg braces.
- One year of activities for a Big Brothers Big Sisters match
By brown-bagging your lunch once a week, you can provide…
- One week’s worth of a safe, nurturing environment, including medical care, schooling, and counseling for a child in need.
- One lift chair to help reduce a disabled individual’s dependence on others.
- Reduced fees for two children to attend the Pittsburg Community Child Care Learning Center for one year.
- Daily snacks for all Club kids.
- One hour of Speech/Language therapy for one week for nine children.
- Utilities for a month at a shelter for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Full volunteer training for all 200 volunteers of Boy Scouts.
- A caregiver in Southeastern Kansas the opportunity to pick-up medications, attend support meetings, and attend medical appointments.
- The match and support of one child for five months in Big Brothers Big Sisters program.
By giving up a snack and drink from the vending machine at work once a week, you can provide…
- A walker for a disabled or elderly individual.
- Boy Scout Summer Camp to a Boy Scout for seven days and six nights.
- Two months worth of gas for the Children’s Haven van that takes children to their school, activities, and medical appointments.
- One month of property and liability insurance at a shelter for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- One week of fuel for Cerebral Palsy center buses that travel 2,100 miles per month and can serve 32 children at a time.
- Summer enrollment for a child to the Boys and Girls Club.
- Reduced fees for one child to attend the Pittsburg Community Child Care Learning Center for one year.
- The match and support of one child for one month in Big Brothers Big Sisters program.
By drinking water, instead of soda, when you go out to eat once a week, you can provide…
- Four hours of legal services for a victim of domestic violence.
- A Scout book and uniform for a disadvantaged youth.
- Five pairs of warm pajamas for a child, who has only the clothes’ on their back.
- One child’s membership to Boy & Girls Club for a year.
- Two weeks of one-on-one tutoring for twelve children.
- A set of grab rails to make a bathroom more accessible for a disabled or elderly individual.
- Two Big Brothers Big Sisters activities for a match.
- One week of apple juice for 50 Cerebral Palsy Center children.
MSSU we are Stronger Together…. WE Give. WE Advocate. WE Volunteer. WE Live United