Water Safety Instructor Certification Course
American Red Cross
This course covers the American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor skills for certification. Successful completion of this course certifies the participant to teach swim lessons, Water Safety, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, and a host of other courses.
- Enrollees will participate in:
-classroom instruction (land & water)
-a written exam
-practice teaching sessions.
- Enrollees must pass a pre-test to participate. Pre-test will be held the first day of class.
- Prices include required book(s) and certification cards.
- Participants must attend all classes.
- If lodging or special accommodations are needed, please call 417-625-9533.
- Lunch and dinner breaks will be taken each day.
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age and able to pass the pre-requisite swim tests which include swimming the following strokes at a Level 4 of the Learn-to-Swim program:
- Front Crawl - 25 yards
- Back Crawl - 25 yards
- Breaststroke - 25 yards
- Elementary Backstroke - 25 yards
- Sidestroke - 25 yards
- Butterfly - 15 yards
- Maintain position on back for 1-minute in deep water (floating or sculling).
- Tread water for 1-minute.
|Registration Deadline: Passed
Course Dates/Times: Available Spring 2014
MSSU Affiliates: $275